The Di Lorenzo family, of English origins, first came to Sicily in 1600’s when King Ruggiero da Silvestre Di Lorenzo’s was also Vicar of Antona in the Duchy of Nottumberland and settled in Val di Noto territory. At the end of the 1600’s, part of the family moved to Gibellina. In 1803 Nicola Di Lorenzo obtained the title Marquis of Castelluccio and the Archpriest Santi Si Lorenzo, who had passion for agriculture acquired the Feudo Disisa estate. The name Disisa probably derives from Arabic word “Aziz” – “the splendid”, and goes back to the 1200’s, when Sicily was conquered by the Emirs who came from Africa. Feudo refers back to the time when cultivation of vines in the area was strictly controlled by feudal privileges reserved to aristocratic families of Palermo. Following the proclamation of the kingdom of Italy in 1865, the estate was left for his nephew Nicolò Di Lorenzo, who was the mayor of Gibellina from 1904-1909. Nicolò married Anna Emanuele of Villabianca. The family, now in its fifth generation has always managed directly all of the estate activities, always maintaining respect for tradition together with innovation and avant-garde ideas. Today the estate is run by Renato Di Lorenzo, supported by his wife Maria Paola, son Mario and daughter Laura.
Disisa Estate is located in the territory of Monreale (a province of Palermo), at about 400-500 mt above sea level. The family owns and cultivates 400 hectares under vines and olive groves in Alcamo and Monreale DOC’s, and in Val di Mazzara DOP.